Vigeo Eiris Awards Europcar Mobility Group a Score of 61/100 for its "Advanced" ESG Performance ; Representing an Increase of 15 Points.
This press release features multimedia. View the full release here: https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20201013005448/en/
(Graphic: Business Wire)
Vigeo Eiris – a global leader in Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) research, benchmarks, data and assessments - has awarded a score of 61/100 to
This score rewards the Group's efforts in corporate social and environmental responsibility since the launch of its CSR policy and its "Commit Together" program in 2017.
Among the flagship initiatives that have been valued by Vigeo Eiris:
- The Group’s continuous efforts to offer to its customers a “CO2 light” fleet equipped with the latest and cleanest motorizations provided by manufacturers1, and to gradually increase the share of electric, hybrid and natural gas (NGV) vehicles in its fleet in the coming years.
- A range of hourly, daily, weekly or longer-term mobility offers, from car rental to car-sharing, offering as many alternatives to owning an individual vehicle, with a view to favor a responsible and sustainable mobility.
- A responsible management of resources (water, energy…), with 8 country subsidiaries certified ISO 14001 and 3 head offices supplied with electricity from renewable sources.
Regarding governance, human resources management and customer relationship management, the evaluation conducted by Vigeo Eiris highlighted:
- A set of solid fundamentals supporting the way the Group operates (e.g., “Code of Ethics and Commitments”, Diversity Charter, commitment to the UN Global Compact initiative).
- A special attention paid to gender equity in a historically very male sector (e.g., 46% of women in the Group, 40% of women managers, creation in 2019 of the "Women in Mobility" women's network).
- Customer relations being stepped up, with the creation of a
Vigeo Eiris provides its clients with information and/or analyses or opinion on factual, quantitative or statistical, managerial, economic, financial, governance, social, or technical data, in relation to companies, brands, products or services, assessed individually or with respect to sectors, regions, stakeholders or specific themes.
Vigeo Eiris is committed to making its best efforts when collecting, organising, consolidating, formatting, making available and/or delivering the aforementioned information, analyses and/or opinion to its clients. Although Vigeo Eiris ensures that it only uses publicly available information, the agency cannot guarantee its accuracy or completeness.
The above elements (information, indicators, analyses, scores, and opinion) do not include or imply any approval or disapproval on their content from Vigeo Eiris, its executive officers, or its employees. These elements do not represent in any way a guarantee, or reference of legal, moral, philosophical, ethical or religious nature, supporting or opposing any investment or divestment decision, or any standpoint or opinion expressed in favor of, or against companies, products, services, sectors or regions directly or indirectly mentioned in Vigeo Eiris’ deliverables. Our deliverables are not, and should not, be considered as a form of financial advice or recommendation. No investment or divestment decision should be attributed to the information or opinion provided by Vigeo Eiris. Our products and services must only be considered as one of the many elements related to the financial decision making process.
About Vigeo Eiris
Vigeo Eiris is a world leader in the field of ESG assessments, data, research, benchmarking and analysis. Through our extensive proprietary database, we provide market players with the ESG information they need to manage risk and better understand and address their social and environmental impact. Since 2019, Vigeo Eiris has been a subsidiary of Moody's Corporation.
Vigeo Eiris has received ISO 9001:2015 quality certification for its processes relating to methodology, valuations, sales and delivery of its data to all types of investors and issuers. Vigeo Eiris as a Climate Bond Initiative Verifier provides, among other things, independent opinions on compliance with CBI standards.
With a team of nearly 300 experts of 30 different nationalities, Vigeo Eiris is present in
Customers’ satisfaction is at the heart of the Group’s mission and all of its employees and this commitment fuels the continuous development of new services.
Further details on our website: www.europcar-mobility-group.com
1 average vehicle renewal cycle: 9,7 months, average CO2 emission level: 125g / km (2019 datas – Universal Registration Document)